- 1. Your suitcase is always partially packed.
- 2. You start to panic when your passport is getting full or nearing expiration.
- 3. You’re always dreaming of far away places.
- 4. You frequently watch world movies and pretend it’s just because you like movies.
- 5. You’re constantly searching the internet for cheap flights or travel deals.
- 6. You experience withdrawals and a sense of panic if you have no future plans or bookings.
- 7. Your friends start complaining that all you talk about is where you’ve been and where you’d like to go.
- 8. You’d rather save for your next trip than buy new clothes or things.
To be painfully honest, if you’re reading this now the likelihood of you being addicted to travel is extremely high. Travel is one of the few things that once hooked, can lead to new experiences, meeting new people and learning about new places. Travel addiction can leave you poorer, yet richer at the same time. In case you’re in denial about your addiction to travel, here are 8 warning signs that you need to look out for.
1. Your suitcase is always partially packed.
Just in case you thought you were alone in having a suitcase that never gets empty you are not alone. If you are worried about this terrible affliction, just leave the things you won’t use at home in your luggage and take out the rest. Of course this doesn’t mean that you skip washing your dirty laundry.
2. You start to panic when your passport is getting full or nearing expiration.
When visiting most countries, you need to have at least six months left before expiry on your passport. For the travel addicted, you know the exact number of days/months until that time.
3. You’re always dreaming of far away places.
Not a day goes by without you thinking about some exotic destination or adventure you’d like to have. You dream about the journey and the destination. You picture in your mind scenes of you doing and seeing many things in different places.
4. You frequently watch world movies and pretend it’s just because you like movies.
This is an extremely serious sign of addiction to travel. Your friends may start to notice there might be something wrong with you or really think you love movies.
5. You’re constantly searching the internet for cheap flights or travel deals.
A dead giveaway for this symptom is that your browser history is filled with travel sites and your email inbox crammed with flight deal alerts. It’s too late for you if you’ve signed up to every airline for frequent flyer points.
6. You experience withdrawals and a sense of panic if you have no future plans or bookings.
The travel addicted are usually booking their next adventure as soon as they return from their most recent trip. The long term travel addict will have multiple advanced trips planned. If this is you, there is no hope of rehabilitation.
7. Your friends start complaining that all you talk about is where you’ve been and where you’d like to go.
The chances are that some of your friends are secretly travel addicts too. They will try to hide the fact by complaining about your constant travel chatter. If you think this is the case try to reach out to them privately and set up a support group where it’s okay to acknowledge your travel addiction.
8. You’d rather save for your next trip than buy new clothes or things.
If your clothes may have seen better days and you rarely buy anything else except for luggage, you maybe a hardcore travel addict.
If you have experienced any or all of these symptoms you are very likely to be addicted to travel, but don’t worry there’s plenty of wonderful things to do and see around the world, you’ll easily find things to feed your addiction.
Error: There is no connected account for the user 3643180786 Feed will not update.